Caliber is one of the UK’s fastest-growing organic marketing agencies, with offices based in Edinburgh and London. We specialise in Search Engine Optimisation & Content Marketing. With a continually growing team of over 25 dedicated SEO, Content and Digital Marketing specialists, we’re the biggest little online marketing agency around. We work with a variety of big brands across a wide range of industries including travel, automotive and finance.
We are looking to recruit 2 ambitious, driven and talented Editors to join our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for two strong Editors to deliver excellence in editing and content management. You must have copy production skills that translate across online media. You will be responsible for producing and publishing accurate, plain English, user-focused, high-quality and accessible content to style and on time. Other day-to-day tasks will include scoping, commissioning, writing, editing and publishing digital content.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
The successful candidates will be expected to edit content to an exceptional standard for clients spanning sectors like travel, lifestyle, business and retail. Editors will also have a strong understanding of how to craft commercial copy and calls to action, and be able to advise in-house copywriters, suppliers and clients in these areas.
The role will be client facing, so our candidates will be a professional individual who can handle the demands of a busy agency environment. They will have a can-do attitude and be keen to share knowledge and expertise both internally and externally.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Copywriting and editing – commercial, informational and creative copy
- Implementing on-page SEO best practice
- Carrying out quality control checks for all content in line with Caliber and client guidelines
- Fact checking source material
- Collaborating with the content strategy and insights teams to develop editorial output
- Forming coherent editorial strategies
- Training and providing constructive feedback to internal and external writers
- Collaborating across the agency with internal customers
- Developing and evolving departmental products
- Fantastic writing and editing skills (minimum 3 years industry experience)
- Fluent in SEO best practice for editorial content
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent time management
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and tact
- Managerial skills
- Awareness of best practices around Calls to Action and User Experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Conference attendance
- Frequent Travel Opportunities
- Company Pension
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health Cash Plan
- Holiday Trading
- Christmas Shutdown
- Anniversary Gifts
- Childcare Vouchers
- Referral Scheme
- Flexible Start Time
- Beer Friday
How to apply
SEND US YOUR CV ALONG WITH A COVER LETTER TO:firstname.lastname@example.org